Veg Dum Biryani Recipe
We have a great new dinner recipe for you to try today! This Veg Dum Biryani recipe was provided by our creative partner Deeksha and looks amazing! This recipe is vegetarian, healthy, and packed with yummy spices! Try it out and let us know what you think!
This recipe was shared with us by our friend on Instagram @theperfectfeast!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS USED
- 1 Bowl Cauliflower Florets and Potatoes
- 1 Bowl Frozen Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Beans, Corn)
- 1/2 Bowl Paneer Cubes
- 1 Bowl Hung Curd
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Roasted Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Handful of Mint and Coriander Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 2 - 3 Cloves and Bay Leaves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Pieces of Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Salt and Oil
- Saffron Strands Soaked in 2 - 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Bowl Golden Fried Onions
- 1/2 Bowl Golden Fried Marinated Paneer
- 9 - 10 Friend Cashew Nuts
- Chopped Mint and Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- In a bowl, whisk the hung curd with all the spices and veggies. Mix well and keep aside for marination.
- In a pan, pour some water along with the spices and oil then parboil the rice. Keep aside.
- In a different pan, heat some oil and fry the cashew nuts. Keep aside.
- In a different pan, fry the marinated paneer. In the same pan, add the sliced onions and cook until they become golden and crispy. Once cooked, pour some more oil along with the chopped cumin seeds. Keep aside.
- Add the pan with the onions with the pan with the marinated veggies and cook on medium for 5-6 minutes.
- Once done, add the parboiled rice over the veggies and spread evenly. Sprinkle fried onions, cashew nuts, paneer mix, and the mint and coriander leaves.
- Drizzle the saffron infused milk and ghee, then seal the pan with the help of a foil paper. Let cook for 10-15 minutes on low.
- Once ready, serve with pineapple raita and enjoy!