Cookies are a dessert that both children and adults like, they are so special that some recipes evoke memories of childhood when mom or grandmothers used to prepare these delicacies with a special touch. In this opportunity we present you a very easy to prepare Valentine's Day cookies in the shape of a heart.
These cookies are vanilla with an irresistible frosting, plus they have a romantic touch in their shape and appearance. Pamper your partner and your loved ones with this treat, share with them a little bit of love, join us!
SERVINGS: 24 Cookies
- 3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 250 g of powdered sugar
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat until blended, then add the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder and salt) gradually until completely mixed.
- Form into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Then preheat oven to 350º F and prepare two baking sheets with silicone baking mat sheet.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough to 1/8" thickness. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the edges are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool well.
- For the glaze, sift the sugar and place it in a bowl.
- Place the egg white in a second bowl, sprinkle the first two tablespoons of sugar over the egg white and beat with a whisk.
- Repeat the process until you have added all the powdered sugar to the egg white, you must beat continuously and at constant speed to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the ½ tablespoon of lemon to the mixture and continue beating with the whisk, always at the same pace to ensure that the ingredients are properly integrated.
- You will see that when you lift the whisk, the mixture drops and should be creamy enough to take time to fall from the whisk into the bowl.
- Tint the icing, put it in a piping bag, decorate the cookies to taste and add sprinkles. Let stand until it sets, enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!