On Thanksgiving Day, the protagonist is the delicious baked turkey, as well as the delicious side dishes that together generate those tasty aromas and flavors typical of this celebration.
Today we bring you side dish recipes for you to share on this special date. Join us!
1- Sautéed Green Beans With Garlic
Green beans are a very easy vegetable to prepare and look great in different dishes. This is a very simple recipe for sautéed green beans but delicious and will give you the basis for you to create new versions.
- Place beans in a pot, add water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain and then rinse with cold tap water to cool, drain very well.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans, garlic and butter.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes until garlic is golden brown and crisp, add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
2- Roasted Pumpkin
This roasted pumpkin recipe has a rich sweet taste characteristic of this vegetable, combined with spices that will give it an irresistible flavor and aroma. You have to try it!
- 1 Medium pumpkin
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed garlic, spices, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the slices with the spice mixture until completely coated and marinate until ready to roast.
- Bake in the oven at 200 °C for about 25 minutes or until the squash is soft. Enjoy!
3- Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes are perfect as a garnish for many dishes, and the best part is that they are very easy to prepare. Join us for this delicious recipe!
- 1 Kilo of potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground dried oregano
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Wash the potatoes, without peeling them, cut them into quarters. Wash them again, drain and set aside.
- Mix the potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, oregano and paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and tender. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!