This carrot soup is ideal for when you feel like eating something creamy, smooth, comforting and full of flavor. The combination of carrots, garlic, onion, spices and cream give this soup a perfect texture and flavor.
This dish brings together flavors, tradition, love and happiness for your family! Prepare it, spoil them and you will see how they will love it. You can serve it with a spoonful of cream, cheese or toasted bread, join us!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Pounds of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 Cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter, olive oil and onions; cook for 3 minutes; stir and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add garlic, carrots, dried thyme, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add broth, cover and simmer for 15 minutes more until carrots are very tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the carrots are tender, use an immersion blender directly in the pot to blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve the soup in bowls, you can add heavy cream to each bowl, cheese or toasted bread. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!