Corned Beef And Cabbage
Corned Beef And Cabbage! This dish is very delicious, prepare it and enjoy a tender meat accompanied by potatoes, carrots and cabbage; a real delight and the best thing is that everything is prepared together, it is very easy!
This recipe as well as the Irish soda bread is prepared in celebration of St. Patrick's Day; one of the things I like about Corned Beef is that because of the way it is cooked you can easily make as much as you want (without affecting the result) for all your guests, you have to try it!
- 1 Corned beef brisket (4 pounds) with spice packet
- 1 Onion
- 3 Crushed garlic cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Cups of water
- 8 Small red potatoes
- 4 Medium carrots
- 1 Medium head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place corned beef in an iron pot and cover with water. Add the spice packet, onion, garlic and bay leaf; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until corned beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- While the corned beef is simmering, cut the potatoes in half. Peel the carrots and cut them into chunks. Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Once the meat is tender, add the potatoes and carrots; cook until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook about 15 minutes more.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pot. Slice the meat and serve with the potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!