Sweet Potato Biscuits
Whether you're looking to lighten up or just mix things up, these vibrant and unique Sweet Potato Biscuits is a great recipe to have on hand. And while these cookies are technically a dessert, they're healthy enough to justify sneaking one for breakfast, too!
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, well mashed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder & salt.
- Work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add apple juice, well mashed sweet potato, honey & nuts & work till it resembles a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured board & knead enough extra flour to make the dough lose its stickiness.
- With floured hands, divide the dough into 16 equal parts.
- Shape into small balls & arrange on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, patting them down to flatten them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand to cool for 5 minutes before turning them onto a wire rack.