Spring Shrimp Salad
This dish brings back memories of sitting at my grandmother’s kitchen table after Easter. It’s fresh and super simple. The salad is so refreshing and fun to eat. It is a good way to use all those Easter eggs! I hope this hits the spot! Happy Spring!
We got this delicious recipe from Marcia
- Head of iceberg lettuce
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 - 3 tbsp. hot sauce depending on the brand and heat
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cold cooked shrimp, small to medium in size.
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 sliced apple
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Prepare the head of lettuce by peeling off the outer leaves until you see you have untouched fresh clean leaves. Rinse the whole lettuce well and let it drain. You can use a clean towel to blot dry.
- Place it on the Zulay Cutting Mat and take out the core at the bottom. Take a large knife and cut the head into 2 halves. Cut each half into 3 equal portions (⅙ wedge on the plate). Any smaller and it would fall apart.
- Set your pieces aside.
- Core and slice the apple and set that aside.
- Take the lemon and cut it in half. With the Zulay Lemon Squeezer, juice the lemon into a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Take the shrimp out of the freezer and thaw the amount wanted.
- Place it into the other small mixing bowl, and run water over it. Let it set with enough water to cover the dish and add a tbsp. of your lemon juice to the water. Set aside.
- Making the 1000 Island Dressing: In another small mixing bowl, measure 3 tbsp. mayonnaise, 3 tbsp. ketchup, and diligently stir until smooth.
- Add the hot sauce to taste, and stir again. Lastly, add 2 tbsp. lemon juice and stir.
- Plate all on a large dinner plate or wide-rimmed bowl, like a pasta bowl. Wedge to one side, shrimp and the rest beside it.
- Pour the dressing over the wedge and shrimp and let the dressing rest on the plate. Sprinkle paprika overall for added depth of flavor and color.