Savoury Mashed Sweet Potato Patties
You don’t have to spend a lot to get the perfect patty. Here is a healthy and tasty recipe that you can make in a few easy steps!
🏷 Course: Lunch/Snack
🔪 Prep Time: 15 minutes
🍳 Cook Time: 25 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 40 minutes
🍴 Servings 4 - 6 people
- 3 med Sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp Ground almond or cashews
- 3 tbsp ground sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Chickpea flour
- Butter for cooking
Kitchen Product Used
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl, allow to cool enough to handle. While still warm, mash thoroughly.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients except the butter.
- Knead till thoroughly blended. Divide into 8 portions.
- Wash & dry hands & then rub with oil. Roll each ball in your hands & then flatten into a patty.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with some butter.
- Over low heat, heat the butter and then fry the patties for 15 to 20 minutes each side until a crisp reddish brown crust forms.
- Serve hot.