Russian Salad Recipe
- 2 Kilos of peeled potatoes
- 1 Kilos of peeled carrots
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 Cup of peas
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 1 Peeled and diced red apple
- 2 Peeled and diced hard-boiled eggs
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon mustard
- 3 Cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken breast very well and put it in a pot with water, along with a teaspoon of salt, cumin, oregano and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large pot, add a teaspoon of salt and cover with water. Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Place the carrots in another pot and boil them in water with a teaspoon of salt until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots very well from the cooking water and, once cool, dice them and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the peas, diced chicken breast, onion, apple and chopped eggs.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard, mix well. (Add more mayonnaise if you prefer the salad to be a little more moist).
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salad and add some chopped fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!