Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
One of my favorite breads is pumpkin bread because it has an incredible flavor and together with chocolate it is perfect.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 1-3/4 Cups (219 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1-1/2 Cups (340g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil or oil of your choice
- 1/4 Cup milk.
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt; mix until combined. In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, oil, orange zest and milk. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan lined with baking paper and bake for 60-65 minutes, making sure to cover the bread with foil halfway through to prevent the top from browning too much. The bread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly on a rack before slicing. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!