Pistachio Almond Cookies Recipe
We love a good cookie recipe as much as the next person, and we can't wait to try these Pistachio Almond Cookies! These cookies were made by Pankti who describes them as "... soft and crumbly, melt in the mouth almost..." and honestly our stomachs are grumbling just thinking about them. These cookies were baked on the Zulay Kitchen Silicone Baking Mat, which Pankti says achieves a wonderful even bake! Thanks for the kind words and the recipe!
This recipe is from the blog life extraordinaire!
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- 2 cups Costco’s Kirkland brand almond flour
- 1/2 cup Costco’s Kirkland brand shelled and roasted pistachios, coarsely crushed
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Trader Joes brand dark chocolate chunks, roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together butter and sugar thoroughly using a whisk or an electric hand beater - whatever you prefer.
- Add vanilla, almond flour, and pistachios to the above. Bring it all together with your hands, like you would knead dough. (Or if you have a kitchen aid stand mixer, you can use the dough hook attachment.)
- Fold in the chopped dark chocolate chunks. If the mixture is too loose chill the dough for about 10-15 minutes, but it's optional.
- Use a cookie scoop to make the cookie balls, press them gently into rounds, and place them an inch apart on the baking sheet. These don’t spread so it's okay if they are placed closely.
- Bake them for 12-14 minutes. Take them out and let them cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes. (Place them gently on wire rack. They might fall apart if handled when they are hot).
- Enjoy them as is, or scoop some ice cream in between two cookies and freeze to enjoy later.