Pecan Pie Recipe
Today we bring you the recipe for a very special dessert, delicious and ideal to share on Thanksgiving. Join us!
- 1 Pie crust (see recipe here)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup light corn syrup
- ¼ Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1-½ Cup chopped walnuts
- ½ Cup whole walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, corn syrup and melted butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Lightly flour a 9-inch tart pan and place the batter in the pan pressing to secure. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly across the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the filling over the pecans. Gradually the pecans will rise to the surface.
- Arrange the whole pecans in concentric circles on top of the wet mixture in a decorative manner.
- Cover the cake with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, uncover and continue baking until the filling is completely set in the center, about 25-30 minutes.
- Once done, place the pie on a wire rack and let the pie rest for at least two hours before slicing. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!