Meyer Lemon Lime Simple Syrup
Now that summer is approaching, iced-cold-drink season is here as well! Experimenting with cocktails and fun drinks at home can be an incredibly fun activity to enjoy! Our girl Elise, mostly known for her amazing blog What The Fab, shared with us this super simple and delicious Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup, so we had to share it with you!
What Is Lemon Syrup?
Lemon syrup is a lemon-infused syrup that adds tons of flavor to anything it's stirred into or drizzled over. It's super easy to make and it adds both sweetness and a lemony kick to cocktails and desserts.
10 Meyer lemons
2 cups sugar
How To Make Meyer Lemon Lime Simple Syrup
Here are the instructions and recommendations from our friend Elise to make the most delicious simple lemon syrup!
1. Cut the lemons and limes in half and juice them. I like to use a juicer for this to make things easy. I have this one from Zulay Kitchen and I LOVE it. It's so durable and heavy-duty, and it makes juicing citrus a freaking breeze.
2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Add lemon and lime juice to the sugar syrup.
4. Let cool.
Expert Tips from Elise on How to Use the Lemon Lime Syrup
- Added the lemon lime simple syrup to sparkling water with a splash of gin for a super easy and delicious drink.
- Added the citrus simple syrup to flat or sparkling water for a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage.
- Added the simple syrup to a to a canned hard seltzer drink for an added zest and flavor.
- Drizzling the syrup over fruit salad (made of watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, yum!).
- Mixing in with iced tea (no granulated sugar at the bottom of your iced tea, yay!).
- Now that I think about it, you could also use it in hot tea too!
- Drizzled over pancakes or waffles.
Special Extra tip from Elise:
If you want to expedite the cooling process, you can pour the syrup into a metal or heat-safe bowl to let cool. You can always heat it back up in the microwave or stovetop if you want it warm it up (for example to drizzle over waffles).
And it's this simple! ✨
Let Us Know What You Think!
Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next!
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!
Go follow our girl @wtfab on Instagram and show her some love for this amazing recipe!