It's a matcha overload here at Zulay Kitchen where we are going to teach you how to make Matcha Macarons which we surely know will make your day super special. Sounds exciting? We have the perfect recipe and make sure to tag us once you bake it. 💚
This delicious recipe is inspired by our friends from Instagram pistachiopicks
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Zulay Kitchen's Matcha Powder
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- In a large bowl, separate the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks are formed.
- Put the mixer on high and add the half of the granulated sugar continuing to mix until stiff peaks are formed then add the rest of the sugar mixture until the peaks are shiny
- Using a strainer, sift the flour, powdered sugar and matcha powder in the egg whites mixture. Please note to remove all the large pieces from the strainer.
- Fold dry ingredients in one motion in the egg white mixture until completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Add the mixture in a Piping Bag
- Add about 1 and 1/2 dollops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let me mixture rest until it's not soft to touch.
- When the mixture is dry to touch, bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Make a filling of your choice.
- Let the baked macaroons cool before adding the filling.
- Eat your hearts out!