Matcha Banana Bread Recipe
Let's keep this matcha trend going! Now that you have Zulay Kitchen's Organic Matcha Powder, here's a great recipe to put it to use. From one of our creative partners Sue, comes a new take on classic banana bread. Matcha Banana Bread is super delicious, super healthy and super easy to make! Try it out and let us know what you think!
This delicious recipe is from our friend on Instagram @snack.with.sue!
- 1 tablespoon Zulay Kitchen Matcha Powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (use raw sugar for a deeper flavor; white sugar is also good and will make the matcha color more vibrant)
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. You’ll need two bowls: one for the wet ingredients and one for dry. Have a bigger bowl for the dry ingredients because everything will eventually be combined in that bowl.
- Cut the bananas in rounds. You can use a food processor or cut by hand. Tip: Try combining bananas with 1/4 cup water and microwaving for 45 seconds - 1 minute to soften them so they will break down more when mixing.
- First, you’ll be working with the wet ingredients. Mix bananas, oil, egg, and sugar in a bowl.
- For the dry ingredients, combine flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix slowly, the flour and matcha tend to be messy!
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry mix. Then add the almonds. Stir everything until well combined.
- Pour matcha banana bread mix in loaf pan or any cake pan you’re using. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven.
- After taking it out of the oven, let the matcha banana bread rest for 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!