So this month of May we are celebrating the most important person of our lives, our moms, so to continue on with the recipes to make her happy, here is an easy Lobster treat that would easily blow her away. So treat your mom like a queen by making her this recipe.🏷 Course: Soup
🇫🇷 Cuisine: French
🔪 Prep Time: 10 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 1 hour
🍴 Servings: 4 people
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. seafood or fish stock
- 1 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Bay leaf
- Sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat, chopped
- Finely chopped chives, for serving
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Heat butter in a pot under medium heat.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery until soft.
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Stir in garlic and tomato paste
- Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add flour and cook for an additional one minute.
- Pour seafood stock and wine then add in leaf and thyme.
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer until liquid is reduced. This would take about 30 minutes.
- Once the liquid is reduced, remove bay leaf and thyme
- Add to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return to pot under medium-low heat and add in heavy cream and lobster meat.
- Cook for an additional of 5 minutes
- Garnish and serve with a bouquet on the side to show her that she's the queen of the family