Lemon Meringue Pie
Every pie is special, especially when it was a recipe passed down from generation to generation. So here we have something that came from our family that we will be glad to share with everyone. Introducing our version of Lemon Meringue Pie.🏷 Course: Dessert
🔪 Prep Time: 30 minutes
🍳 Cook Time: 10 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 40 hour
🍴 Servings: 8 people
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven for 350 F.
To Make Lemon Filling:
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt
- Stir water and lemon juice fresh from Zulay Kitchen's Lemon Squeezer and Zest from Zulay Kitchen's Zester
- Cook in medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently until mixture boils.
- Add in butter to the boiling mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add egg yolks.
- Gradually whisk in egg in the hot sugar mixture to avoid the egg getting cooked.
- Whisk in the rest of the egg yolk mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and constantly stirring until texture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the thick sugar mixture in the crust.
To Make Meringue:
- In a large bowl, whip eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Spread newly whipped meringue over the pie to seal the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and make sure the meringue is golden brown.