Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
So as we continue on our Mother's Day treats, here is a recipe that your mom will surely be in awe. While you are making her feel special and like a queen, we got you covered by teaching you the best lasagna stuffed chicken, yes, it's a combination of a low-carb and everyone's all-time favorite Italian dinner. So what are you waiting for? Write this all down and make your momma proud with this quick and easy recipe.🏷 Course: Dinner
🇮🇹 Cuisine: Italian
🔪 Prep Time: 10 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 1 hour
🍴 Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cup marinara
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the Chicken Brests in half using Zulay Kitchen's Poultry Shears.
- Stuff each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1/4 of ricotta mixture.
- Arrange stuffed chicken in the bottom the baking dish.
- Add more flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add the Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is almost cooked through, checking the internal temperature using Zulay Kitchen's Meat Thermometer until it reaches 155°.
- Remove excess sauce.
- Switch the oven to broil and add the remaining 1 cup marinara, remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan on top of the chicken.
- Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly and check again with the Zulay Kitchen's Meat Thermometer to make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Add basil as garnish and Serve!