Honey Ginger Lemonade
For the honey-ginger syrup:
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup (120ml) filtered water
- 3oz/90g fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
For the lemonade:
- 1 cup (240ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 cups (950ml) cold water
- Honey ginger syrup
- Ice for serving
- Sliced lemons and mint sprigs for garnish
Kitchen Product Used
To make the honey ginger syrup:
- Place the honey and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer and continuously stir until the honey is completely dissolved and remove from heat. Using your Zulay Zester, add the freshly grated ginger, cover the pan and let the syrup steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve, press hard against the ginger pulp and discard the remaining solids. Pour into a bottle or jar, and let it chill until cold for about 1 hour. The syrup can last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
To make the lemonade:
- Mix together the lemon juice and honey ginger syrup to a large pitcher. Add cold water (to taste, depends on how strong you prefer your lemonade to be).
- Pour lemonade into glasses filled with ice. Garnish the top with a slice of lemon and serve.