Ham And Potato Casserole
Ham And Potato Casserole! This is a delicious, comforting and easy to prepare dish.
This is an easy recipe, the combination of potato, ham, butter and lots of cheese make it a sure hit with your guests, plus the sauce makes the potatoes get all their flavor and a perfect texture that will make you repeat. It can be a perfect lunch or dinner, and comforting for the cold weather. Join us!
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
COURSE: Main course/Lunch/Dinner
- 2 Pounds of potatoes
- 2 Cups of diced ham
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- Add the chopped and peeled potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Grease a 9×13-inch or 3-4 quart baking dish. Add the drained potatoes, ham, and 1 cup of grated cheese, mix gently and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until blended and the flour has absorbed the liquid. Lower the heat and slowly stir in the milk, simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened to the consistency of a sauce.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, the paprika, and mix well.
- Pour the hot sauce over the ham and potatoes. Stir gently to coat.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top and return to oven for 5-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
OPTIONS AND TIPS
- You can substitute the chopped ham for chopped or shredded chicken breast and it is very delicious.
- Try adding a little grated Parmesan cheese just after uncovering the casserole and it will give it a special gratin.
- You can use the cheese you like the most, even a combination of several.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!