Gluten Free & Keto Key Lime Pie
Why key lime pie?
This pie has this name because its main ingredient is the Key lime, a smaller, seeded type of lemon native to Southeast Asia and grown in the United States, Mexico, Central and South America.
But the most important characteristic of this type of lime is its acidity and aroma, which makes it perfect for a pie full of flavour.
- 40 g sour cream
- 70 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 28 g unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 30 g avocado about 1/4 medium-sized
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly grated key lime zest to taste
- 3-5 teaspoons freshly squeezed key lime juice to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered erythritol or xylitol, to taste
Lightly toast almond flour in a pan over medium heat, until fully golden and fragrant (2-4 minutes).
- Transfer toasted almond flour to a small bowl, and mix in sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Add in butter, mix until thoroughly combined, and press into serving glass or dish. Allow to come to room temperature and refrigerate while you make the cheesecake.
- Add sour cream to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until whipped (2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Add cream cheese and grass-fed butter to a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until fully creamed. Add avocado and mix until fully combined. Add key lime zest, juice and sweetener to taste.
- Fold in whipped sour cream. Spoon key lime cheesecake mixture into the cracker lined glass. Freeze for 30-40 minutes or refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Serve with more whipped sour cream (or heavy cream).
Let us Know What You Think!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!