Easy Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
For chocolate lovers we bring you this chocolate mousse cake, definitely the most delicious you will ever taste! You will enjoy delicious layers of cake and chocolate mousse.
The filling is a very creamy chocolate mousse and the last layer is a dark chocolate ganache that gives it the final touch! It can be described in one word: tasty! Join us!
Total preparation time: 5 hrs
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup hot coffee
- 1/4 Cup hot water
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Chopped dark chocolate bars (113 g each)
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare three 8- or 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and mix very well.
- Add the boiling water and hot coffee; mix and pour the batter into the prepared molds.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
For chocolate mousse:
- In a small bowl mix the hot water and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave and mix with the cocoa dissolved in water until well integrated.
- Add heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to a large bowl; beat on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and, using a spatula mix gently; Avoid overmixing, as this may deflate or thin the mousse.
- Cover the mousse and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Assemble the cake:
- Place a layer of sponge cake on the cake stand or serving plate.
- Using a spatula or piping bag, evenly cover the top with a good amount of chocolate mousse (about 1.5 cups).
- Place the second layer of cake and evenly cover the top with mousse.
- Top with the third cake layer, then spread another 1.5 cups of mousse evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour.
For chocolate ganache:
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or in the microwave and pour it over the chopped chocolate, mix well to melt the chocolate with the heat of the cream and integrate; let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pour ganache over cooled cake and smooth the top with a frosting spatula and sides with a bench scraper.
- Top with optional garnish such as fresh berries and/or chocolate shavings (optional).
- Serve cake immediately or chill; cake can be served at room temperature or refrigerated. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!