Deep Fried Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Recipe
A healthy recipe that has bacon in it? Uhhh yes please! This is a recipe that will wow your friends and your kids! Check out this Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon from our creative partner who used the Zulay Kitchen Splatter Screen while cooking.
This delicious recipe is from our friends at The Flour Handprint!
🇺🇸 Cuisine: American
🏷 Course: Appetizer/Side Dish
🔪 Prep Time: 10 minutes
🍳 Cook Time: 5 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 lb Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 1/2 Quarts Oil (6 Cups)
- Pinch of Salt
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Place your oil in a heavy duty pot and set over high heat with a deep fry thermometer. Bring it to 375°F.
- Discard any browned or wilted outer leaves from the brussels sprouts and trim the bottom, leaving the stem intact to hold the sprout together. Slice in half.
- Dice your bacon.
- When your oil has reached the proper temperature, add your brussels sprouts in gently and wait for the oil to stop bubbling. Then quickly add the bacon and stir to break it up.
- Let fry for 5 minutes.
- Move to a paper towel lined bowl. Remove the paper towels once they've soaked up any excess oil (~ 30 seconds) and sprinkle with salt. Toss to mix.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of choice.