Coconut And Lime Loaf Cake
As we continue the streak of unusual ingredients, here is a combo that you probably have not heard about up until now. Introducing the coconut Lime Loaf Cake! Why these two ingredients you ask? All you need to do is just read through the ingredients and try it out for yourself, it's gonna be a sure fire win! Happy baking!
🏷 Course: Dessert
🍳 Cook Time: 30 minutes
🍴 Servings: 10 slices
For the cake
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g softened butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200g block of creamed coconut
For the frosting
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 100g butter, softened
- 140g icing sugar, sifted
- tbsp Malibu (optional)
- 100g toasted desiccated coconut
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven for 190 C.
- Butter two loaf pans and line with non stick baking paper.
- Grate the block of creamed coconut in a bowl, set aside half and transfer the other half in a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the cake ingredients together until you get soft and creamy batter.
- Pour mixture in the loaf pan pour only half way through and if needed, get another loaf pan and pour the rest there.
- Using a Silicone Spatula from Zulay Kitchen, smooth the surface.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown or until cake can spring back when you press it.
- Turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- For the frosting, get the rest of the creamed coconut, zest and juice 2 limes using Zulay Kitchen's Zester and Lime Squeezer and microwave for about 30 seconds or until the coconut melts.
- Now in a separate bowl, make the buttercream by beating the butter until smooth and creamy texture and gradually adding the icing sugar.
- Then mix the cooled coconut mix until it will have a marshmallow like texture.
- Once cake is completely cooled, frost it with the newly made frost, and sprinkle with toasted desiccated coconut and ENJOY!