Chocolate Pie Recipe
Chocolate pie! This dessert full of flavors and aromas will leave you wanting to eat more! the crust is crispy with a soft and creamy filling. Chocolate is one of the most aphrodisiac and delicious ingredients in pastry, it brings flavor and a unique aroma, which together with key ingredients form incredible and unforgettable recipes.
This chocolate pie recipe can be prepared in advance, ideal for celebrations, for snack time or as a dessert for the family dinner. Join us to prepare it!
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Cocoa powder for decoration
- 500 g All-purpose flour
- 250 g Cold butter
- 100 ml Water
- In a bowl, put the flour, a pinch of salt and the cold butter in small cubes, and rub with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Pour 100 ml of cold water, mix and join with your hands to form a dough; flatten with your hands and chill for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a 9-inch baking pan by greasing it with butter or oil.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll out the dough to 6 mm thick, place the pie crust in the pan and fold the edges decoratively. Prick the crust lightly with a fork, cover crust with foil or parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil, beans and bake for about 5 minutes more.
- In a bowl, add sugars, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla and salt, beat until smooth.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the pie base and then pour in the filling; bake for about 45 minutes until the filling is set around the edges but jiggles a bit in the center. Cover the crust with strips of aluminum foil halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Serve, decorate with cocoa powder and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!