Chocolate Mousse Cake
This delicious chocolate mousse cake recipe is so good, you'll have trouble stopping at one slice. Top it off with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top to make this rich chocolate dessert even more stunning. It tastes better than it looks!
🏷 Course Dessert
🔪 Prep Time 45 mins
🎂 Bake Time 1 hr 15 mins
⌛️ Cool 2 hours
❄️ Chill 6 hr to 1 day
⏳ Stand 1 hr 15 mins
🍴 Servings 12 people
- ½ cup vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- ½ cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Hazelnut Butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Kitchen Product Used
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and side of your Zulay 9-inch springform pan. Wrap a double layer of foil around the bottom and side of pan to form a watertight seal and set aside.
- To make the crust: In a small bowl, stir together the crushed vanilla wafers and hazelnuts. Stir in the melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom of the foil-wrapped pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the hazelnut butter and chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- In a very large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add the sugar, beating on medium-high speed until mixture is thick, pale, and holds a slowly dissolved ribbon when beaters are lifted. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir gently to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Pour over the crust, spreading evenly.
- Place the foil-wrapped springform pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to reach halfway up side of springform pan. Bake for 1-1/4 hours. Turn the oven off; let cake stand in oven with door closed for another 45 minutes.
- Remove your springform pan from the water bath. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Loosen the edges of the cake from side of pan using a small sharp knife. Remove foil. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Remove side of springform pan. If desired, sprinkle cake with cocoa powder and serve with whipped cream.