Cherry Crumble Pie
Gluten-free and low sugar, this simple and easy Cherry Pie Recipe will have everyone asking for seconds. Recipe courtesy of MetaphysicalMenu.com.
- 1 pre-made gluten free pie crust
- 2.5 cups of fresh cherries (pitted)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free, quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of Wholesome Zero sweetener (or alternative sweetener if desired)
- 2 tbsp. Arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut butter or butter alternative (softened)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Squeeze the juice out of your ½ lemon with our lemon lime squeezer.
Mix the pitted cherries, arrowroot flour, sweetener, lemon juice and the almond/vanilla extract together for the pie filling. Then pour the filling in to the pre-made pie crust.
To make the crumb topping, mix in a separate bowl the oats, sweetener and salt. Then cut the butter into the mixture using our Dough Blender.
Pour the crumble topping over the top of the pie filling, spreading it evenly over the pie.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the crumble topping and crust are golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!