Avocado Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs on its own are to die for, but how about we tell you that you can add your favorite avocado in the mix? Yes, you heard it right, the Avocado Deviled Eggs is our recipe today. So try this sumptuous version of devil eggs and don't forget to thank us later. Enjoy!🔪 Prep Time: 30 minutes
🍳 Cook Time: 15 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 45 minutes
🍴 Yield: 12 servings
- 2 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Dice the bacon using Zulay Kitchen's Chef Knife and Cutting Mats.
- Heat the skillet in medium-high heat then cook the bacon until crispy for about 6-9 minutes.
- Drain the excess oil on the bacon and transfer bacon bits into towel-lined plate.
- Boil eggs in a saucepan for about 3 minutes until it's cooked.
- Set aside eggs to let eggs cool.
- Once eggs are cooled, peel off the shell and cut the eggs in half lengthwise, slowly removing the yolks.
- In a bowl, mash the yolks and avocado with the Zulay's Potato Masher until chunky and well mixed.
- Add in cilantro, lemon juice freshly squeezed from the Lemon Squeezer, the Lemon Zest from the Zester and add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust flavor if needed.
- Use a pastry bag from the Zulay's Cake Kit and pipe avocado mixture into the egg whites
- Top the eggs with bacon and garnish if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!